This is a Part Time position.
The Youth Sports Instructor works directly with the youth of our community, providing supervision and programming in activities such as basketball, soccer, multi-sports clinics and more. Instructors foster an environment of achievement while implementing YMCA core values.
Youth Sports Coaches Part-Time Openings
If you’re serious about developing youth through sport, we invite you to join our passionate team of coaches. Our youth sport coaches impact participants through character development and positive competition. Our Y is always looking for individuals to help coach in all of our different youth sport programs throughout the year on weekends.
Candidates should be enthusiastic, motivating, and able to relate well to young children. Some knowledge and experience playing organized sports is beneficial (soccer, basketball, baseball, flag football, and many more!). These are part-time positions working 3-10 hours – weekends a must.
- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
- Builds effective, supportive working relationships with volunteers. Collaboration:
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
- Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations.
- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Operational Effectiveness:
- Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- One to two years related experience preferred
- Required training within first 90 days: First Aid, CPR, AED; Child Abuse Detection and Prevention; Creating the Member Experience, Listen First, Universal Precautions, New Employee Orientation and Working with Program Volunteers.
If interested in applying, please contact Community Programs Coordinator, Pat Fervil: Phone (203) 357-7000, ext. 101 Email: email@example.com