The Stamford Family YMCA offers full-time, part-time and seasonal career opportunities in a variety of administrative and program areas including:
- Child Care
- Health & Fitness
- Summer Camp
The Stamford Family YMCA is seeking experienced and energetic applicants who will provide excellent, friendly and courteous customer service to Members, guests, and program participants in an expedient and accurate manner. In addition, our Membership service representatives control and monitor access to the YMCA facility. Under the direct supervision of the Membership Director you are responsible for working directly with children, Members and other adults/youth. You play an integral role in the operation of the Y facility. The staff at all times is representative of the philosophy, mission and goal of the YMCA. Staff must strive to work cooperatively with fellow employees to achieve the goals and objectives of the YMCA.
- Greet Members, guests, and program participants
- Answer telephones and professionally give information concerning the YMCA
- Sell Memberships, input and update Membership data, activate Membership ID cards
- Process program registrations
- Troubleshoot Member and customer issues
- Make copies, take payments, support back office functions and maintain a clean workspace and supplies
- Attend all staff meetings and any requested trainings
- Support fundraising, marketing and promotional efforts
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in customer service field
- Must have solid computer skills and the ability to learn new software
- Typing skills of 50 wpm or above
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Sales experience a plus
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic Membership team, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please put Customer Service in the subject line. Inquiries submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool and the pool area.
- Maintains current knowledge of all emergency procedures within pool and pool area.
- Responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures; provides timely and accurate reports and follow-up.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies health and safety rules, policies, guidelines for the pool and pool area.
- Conveys information on programs and schedules to Members.
- Maintains accurate records required by YMCA and state agencies.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures availability of required equipment.
- Performs chemical testing as prescribed; take immediate corrective action as needed.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer; AED; Basic First Aid Certifications.
- YMCA Lifeguarding OR Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification.
- Ability to maintain certification level of physical and mental alertness.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to Natalia Aponte. Apply By Email: email@example.com
The Stamford Family YMCA is seeking experienced and energetic swimming instructors. Candidates must have the desire to work with children of all ages, from infants and toddlers through teenagers and high school students. We utilize the YMCA USA Swim Lessons curriculum to encourage kids to become strong swimmers and eventually join our competitive USA swimming team. Instructors are expected to be good swimmers themselves, entering the water each day to teach swimming. Staff must strive to work cooperatively with fellow employees to achieve the goals and objectives of the YMCA.
- American Red Cross First Aid, CPR/AED Training or equivalent certification
- Experience teaching swim lessons and/or coaching swimmers
- American Red Cross (WSI), YMCA (YSL) or Swim America teaching certifications are preferred, but not required
If interested in applying, please contact Aquatics Coordinator, Natalia Aponte: Phone (203) 357-7000, ext. 120 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stamford Family YMCA is dedicated to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Our core values are Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. These values are part of all or our programs and guide us on how we treat each other. Our workplace culture is a fun, challenging, and caring working environment where you can build your career.
You’ll find some of the best and most satisfied people working for the Stamford Family YMCA. Here you will be able to put your experiences, abilities, creativity, and energy to work and discover the talents within yourself as you touch the lives of those around you. Contact us to learn more about our employment opportunities.