The Stamford Family YMCA reserves the right to secure emergency care and protection for any persons participating in YMCA activities. All expenses incurred while seeking emergency treatment will be borne by the participant or their family.
The Stamford Family YMCA reserves the right to use member and event photographs in YMCA promotional material.
CODE OF CONDUCT
As YMCA members, it is important to remember that we share our facilities with young children, teens and people of all backgrounds. We can make the YMCA a positive place for all by demonstrating the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Members are expected to exhibit appropriate behaviors at all times:
- Respect all Members, visitors and staff.
- Appropriate attire should be worn at all times–swimsuits in the pool area and shoes, shirts, shorts/pants or leotard in other areas of the facility.
- Appropriate language should be used at all times.
- Fitness equipment should be wiped down after each use.
- Members should not rest on the equipment between sets and allow others to work in while you workout.
- All YMCA facilities and equipment should be used for their appropriate purpose at all times.
Members are required to comply with established standards of use and behavior for YMCA premises and YMCA-sponsored activities. Facility use for Y-members is on an individual basis only. Non-YMCA employed trainers, instructors, or therapists are prohibited. Members are also required to comply with requests or instructions of YMCA staff while members are on YMCA-premises or participating in YMCA-sponsored activities.
The Stamford Family YMCA reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership if a member’s behavior or language is judged to be in conflict with the welfare of other Members or staff, or in conflict with the YMCA’s mission.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Due to the advances in cell phone and video/picture technology and for the privacy of our members and guests:
- Cell phones may not be used in locker rooms, bathrooms, or childcare rooms.
- Use of cameras and other video/picture capturing devices is also restricted.
- Posting of images taken at the YMCA is prohibited without permission of the CEO.
- If you must utilize a cell phone, please be courteous and keep your phone on “vibrate” or a very quiet ring tone, and keep your conversations short and as quiet as possible. We ask that you take lengthy or loud conversations to the lobby to respect your fellow Members.
Again, in an effort to protect the privacy of our Members and guests, anyone who violates this policy will be asked to move to the lobby or designated area. If a Member or guest continues to violate this policy or posts images, their privileges and/or Membership may be revoked.
CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR POLICY
The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or Membership to any person who has been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages. The YMCA also reserves the right to suspend access or Membership to any person accused of the items list above pending the outcome of any charges or court proceedings.
The Stamford Family YMCA requires that Members contact the Membership Director to sign a Cancellation Form. Please call 203-357-7000 ext. 1010 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment. Membership cancellation must be done 7 business days prior to the Member’s bank draft date (1st or 15th). The Membership will be active through the end of that billing period. If the Membership cancellation is received without the notice of 7 business days, the Membership will not terminate until the end of the next billing date. Memberships are not eligible for prorates or refunds.
Putting Your Membership on Hold
As a Member in good standing you are eligible to put your Membership on hold for up to three months. During this time you will be charged a $10 Membership hold fee. If you have extenuating circumstances and require a longer hold, please contact the Membership Director. All holds must be requested with the Membership staff at least 7 business days in advance of the first month of your hold.
The Stamford YMCA is a community service, nonprofit organization committed to programs that strength the spirit, mind, and body for all. We seek to accomplish this mission and support our community by providing quality programming in a safe environment. To assist us in scheduling qualified instructors and assure that we maintain proper instructor/participant ratios, we have established policies limited the conditions and time frames in which we can make changes to class rosters and/or provide refunds of program fees.
- If the Y cancels a class or program, a 100% refund will automatically be issued.
- If a class is cancelled by the Y due to inclement weather or an emergency, every effort will be made to offer a make-up class; however, no refund/credit will be issued.
- If the Refund Request is received by the YMCA at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date, a 100% refund/credit will be issued*
- If the Refund Request is received by the YMCA before the day of the third class, a 75% refund/credit will be issued regardless of when participant was registered and whether or not the participant attended.*
- If the Refund Request is received by the YMCA after the third class regardless of when participant was registered and whether or not a participant attended, NO refund/credit shall be given.
- If a program participant withdraws due to a medical reason, with written verification by a physician, a prorated refund/credit will be issued.* Request must be submitted within two weeks of session end date.
- System credits expire 6 months after issued date.
In order to receive a refund/credit, Members must complete and submit a Refund Request Form for each participant to the Membership Desk.
- All outstanding balances including YMCA charges and bank fees must be resolved before refunds will be issued.
- Membership and/or program registration may be denied to any Member/participant until resolution of these balances.
- Refund Request Forms are available at the Membership Desk
- Policy exceptions by Directors or documented in program/class handbooks/flyers supersede the above
- Any transaction that requires withdrawal from a class/program (including switching class time) is subject to the above policy.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any program that fails to meet the enrollment requirements.
- Online registration can only be processed with full payment, therefore, program fees can only be prorated or reduced by the individual department Director. If registration is completed online, a refund will not be given for any eligible proration or reduced rate.
All Members will sign a waiver of liability upon establishing and renewing membership. The YMCA bears no responsibility for the state of health or fitness of its Members and shall have no liability to Members, guests or visitors for damage or injury to person or property while on the YMCA premises, using its facilities or equipment, or participating in YMCA programs.
Please be assured the YMCA never releases your personal information to outside third parties.
MEMBERSHIP RATE DETAILS
Adult and Family Memberships paid monthly through automatic payment from your checking account to the YMCA are continuous and will never expire unless you request it. Cancellation forms can be picked up at the Membership Desk and must be signed and submitted to the Membership Desk, attention Membership Director, for processing at least 7 business days prior to Member bank draft.
Membership dues can be paid in one of two ways:
- MONTHLY Automatic Electronic Draft through your checking account or credit card.
- ANNUAL Payment in full by cash, check or credit card. Membership dues may increase with 30 days notice to members.
Your membership will remain active unless there has been no payment for more than two months at which time membership will be deactivated. If you choose to reactivate your membership you will be subject to paying the registration fee.
Members will be considered New Members if 30 days or more have lapsed between last paid Membership month and the date of reinitiation. All new Members are subject to the Join Fee.
Financial Assistance is available for qualifying Members.
Your YMCA Membership card is a passport. It verifies your agreement to receive the benefits of Membership and to abide by the rules and policies of the Stamford Family YMCA. Please present your Membership card each time you enter the facility and when registering for programs in order to avoid delays.
When transferring Membership from another YMCA, you will not be responsible for the joiner’s fee if your transfer occurs within 30 days of membership expiration.
Fitness Center Policies
The Stamford Family YMCA is committed to providing a clean, safe and healthy experience for all Members and guests. Please help us maintain a healthy environment by following these guidelines:
- Leave all personal items (bags, coats and other clothing) in the locker rooms.
- Practice the YMCA’s 4 core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Do not bring any food or beverages, other than clear liquids, into the fitness areas.
- Wear proper shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Allow others to work in on equipment between sets.
- Be courteous to others and wipe down all equipment after use.
Lockers are available for daily use. Please inquire at the front desk for a locker key and full locker rentals. The YMCA is not liable for articles damaged, lost or stolen. Please use a lock to secure your clothes in our “day use” lockers while you are working out. Never leave valuables inside your locker. Each locker is equipped with a lock box, where small valuable items can be placed inside and secured with a padlock. Locks left on overnight may be removed so that other members can use the lockers.
You may reserve space at Stamford Family YMCA for special occasions such as birthday parties, receptions, corporate team building, banquets, meetings, etc. Please inquire by phone about our birthday party packages that include: bounce house, games, pizza, or pool time.