NO CHILD LEFT ALONE
Youth Supervision Policy
Fitness Center minimum age: 13 years of age.
Weight Room minimum age: 15 years old with parental consent
Personal Training minimum age: 12 years old. This option is open to children who hold Family or Youth Memberships at the Membership rate. Non-Member children are also permitted to personally train at an increased rate.
Group Exercise Classes minimum age: 12 years old.
Open Gymnasium: 10 years of age and older. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
Aquatics: Non swimmers in need of a bubble, or children under the age of 9, may not enter the water without a parent/guardian with them in the water at all times.
Aquatics: Children 11 to 14 must have a parent/guardian supervising them on the pool deck at all times. If an 11-14 year old is a non-swimmer a parent/guardian is required to swim with their child.
Aquatics: Children 15 years and older are allowed to use the pool without direct supervision.
The Stamford Family YMCA reserves the right to use member and event photographs in YMCA promotional material.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Respect all Members, visitors and staff.
- Appropriate attire should be worn at all times–swimsuits in the pool area and shoes, shirts, shorts/pants or leotard in other areas of the facility.
- Appropriate language should be used at all times.
- Fitness equipment should be wiped down after each use.
- Members should not rest on the equipment between sets and allow others to work in while you workout.
- All YMCA facilities and equipment should be used for their appropriate purpose at all times.
Members are required to comply with established standards of use and behavior for YMCA premises and YMCA-sponsored activities. Facility use for Y-members is on an individual basis only. Non-YMCA employed trainers, instructors, or therapists are prohibited. Members are also required to comply with requests or instructions of YMCA staff while members are on YMCA-premises or participating in YMCA-sponsored activities.
The Stamford Family YMCA reserves the right to suspend or cancel a membership if a member’s behavior or language is judged to be in conflict with the welfare of other Members or staff, or in conflict with the YMCA’s mission.
CELL PHONE POLICY
- Cell phones may not be used in locker rooms, bathrooms, or childcare rooms.
- Use of cameras and other video/picture capturing devices is also restricted.
- Posting of images taken at the YMCA is prohibited without permission of the CEO.
- If you must utilize a cell phone, please be courteous and keep your phone on “vibrate” or a very quiet ring tone, and keep your conversations short and as quiet as possible. We ask that you take lengthy or loud conversations to the lobby to respect your fellow Members.
Again, in an effort to protect the privacy of our Members and guests, anyone who violates this policy will be asked to move to the lobby or designated area. If a Member or guest continues to violate this policy or posts images, their privileges and/or Membership may be revoked.
CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR POLICY
The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or Membership to any person who has been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages. The YMCA also reserves the right to suspend access or Membership to any person accused of the items list above pending the outcome of any charges or court proceedings.
Putting Your Membership on Hold
- If the Y cancels a class or program, a 100% refund will automatically be issued.
- If a class is cancelled by the Y due to inclement weather or an emergency, every effort will be made to offer a make-up class; however, no refund/credit will be issued.
- If the Refund Request is received by the YMCA at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date, a 100% refund/credit will be issued*
- If the Refund Request is received by the YMCA before the day of the third class, a 75% refund/credit will be issued regardless of when participant was registered and whether or not the participant attended.*
- If the Refund Request is received by the YMCA after the third class regardless of when participant was registered and whether or not a participant attended, NO refund/credit shall be given.
- If a program participant withdraws due to a medical reason, with written verification by a physician, a prorated refund/credit will be issued.* Request must be submitted within two weeks of session end date.
- System credits expire 6 months after issued date.
In order to receive a refund/credit, Members must complete and submit a Refund Request Form for each participant to the Membership Desk.
- All outstanding balances including YMCA charges and bank fees must be resolved before refunds will be issued.
- Membership and/or program registration may be denied to any Member/participant until resolution of these balances.
- Refund Request Forms are available at the Membership Desk
- Policy exceptions by Directors or documented in program/class handbooks/flyers supersede the above
- Any transaction that requires withdrawal from a class/program (including switching class time) is subject to the above policy.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any program that fails to meet the enrollment requirements.
- Online registration can only be processed with full payment, therefore, program fees can only be prorated or reduced by the individual department Director. If registration is completed online, a refund will not be given for any eligible proration or reduced rate.
Please be assured the YMCA never releases your personal information to outside third parties.
MEMBERSHIP RATE DETAILS
Adult and Family Memberships paid monthly through automatic payment from your checking account to the YMCA are continuous and will never expire unless you request it. Cancellation forms can be picked up at the Membership Desk and must be signed and submitted to the Membership Desk, attention Membership Director, for processing at least 7 business days prior to Member bank draft.
Membership dues can be paid in one of two ways:
- MONTHLY Automatic Electronic Draft through your checking account or credit card.
- ANNUAL Payment in full by cash, check or credit card. Membership dues may increase with 30 days notice to members.
Your membership will remain active unless there has been no payment for more than two months at which time membership will be deactivated. If you choose to reactivate your membership you will be subject to paying the registration fee.
Members will be considered New Members if 30 days or more have lapsed between last paid Membership month and the date of reinitiation. All new Members are subject to the Join Fee.
Financial Assistance is available for qualifying Members.
Fitness Center Policies
- Leave all personal items (bags, coats and other clothing) in the locker rooms.
- Practice the YMCA’s 4 core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Do not bring any food or beverages, other than clear liquids, into the fitness areas.
- Wear proper shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Allow others to work in on equipment between sets.
- Be courteous to others and wipe down all equipment after use.